It is uncertain whether a map of the land ceded in the 1805 treaty exists. This map of the "Fort Snelling Military Reservation" was made in 1839. The treaty defined the ceded lands as "from below the confluence of the Mississippi and St. Peters, up the Mississippi, to include the falls of St. Anthony, extending nine miles on each side of the river." St. Anthony Falls is shown at the top of this map (indicated in maroon) of the military reservation. The East and West Bank campuses of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities sit on either side of the Mississippi just south of the falls and thus lie within the 1805 treaty lands. After map of the Fort Snelling Military Reservation as surveyed by Lieutenant James L. Thompson in 1839.