FVAP Releases 2017 Annual Report

[Screenshot image via FVAP]

Earlier this week, the Department of Defense’s Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) released their 2017 annual report to Congress. Here’s the note from FVAP Director David Beirne:

It is my distinct pleasure to present the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s (FVAP) 2017 Annual Report to the President and Congress. This report provides an assessment of our activities supporting the special elections for federal office in 2017 — and our preparations for the 2018 election cycle. It is important to remember that FVAP is an assistance agency– our mission is to inform voters of the right to vote and provide the tools and resources to help those who want to vote do so successfully from anywhere in the world.

Though 2017 was a less visible year in terms of elections for federal office, it was nonetheless a very busy year for FVAP. We worked continuously to ensure voters covered by the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) were armed with the information and assistance needed to successfully participate in special elections. FVAP also dedicated time and resources to planning and advancing recommendations in support of the 2018 election cycle.

Using lessons learned since the 2016 election cycle, FVAP further explored how to reduce obstacles by improving its resources throughout the Department of Defense, establishing mechanisms to expand voter awareness, and enhancing measures of effectiveness to refine its research approach to identify exactly what challenges remain with UOCAVA voters.

Thanks to collaboration with our many stakeholders — Congressional Leaders, Department of State, state and local election officials, the United States Election Assistance Commission (EAC), advocacy organizations, and the Military Services — FVAP made important strides in fulfilling those initiatives. Significant accomplishments in 2017 include:

– Improved key absentee voting forms;
– Updated the Voting Assistance Guide;
– Enhanced FVAP.gov website and Portal for greater usability;
– Revamped training for Voting Assistance Officers and election officials;
– Developed a standardized dataset to improve UOCAVA studies;
– Conducted additional analyses on 2016 post-election data; and,
– Initiated a survey of overseas citizens to learn their 2016 voting experiences.

This report provides greater detail on these initiatives and introduces new efforts to support our stakeholders during the 2018 election cycle. I look forward to the opportunities and accomplishments ahead, and I know that together, in partnership with the dedicated UOCAVA community, we can reach our shared vision: Military members, their families, and Americans living abroad can successfully exercise the right to vote from anywhere in the world.

FVAP is a lot like the American men and women it serves around the world: doing important work for the nation but in a way that doesn’t always get a lot of notice. Thanks to everyone at FVAP – including those who literally travel the globe to bring voting information to Americans aboard – for this report and for your vital service to American democracy and its citizens everywhere. 2018 will be a busy year, but this report suggests that FVAP is laying the groundwork to make it a successful one. Stay tuned…

25 Comments on "FVAP Releases 2017 Annual Report"

1. The urged dose for that is 5mg a day for eight weeks.

2. Hi there to all, it’s actually a pleasant for me to visit
    this web page, it contains helpful Information.

3. Have you ever considered writing an ebook or guest
    authoring on other sites? I have a blog based on the same information you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I
    know my subscribers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

4. This laptop by HP carries a LED Anti-glare lcd screen display
    that keeps up your eyes clear of strain. For you to know shipping cost sometimes can closely as much as the item’s price.
    Image is all things in marketing that serves to need to present your customizable gifts in your clientele beautifully by wrapping them up using elegant and neat customized packaging.

5. Good info. Lucky me I ran across your website
    by accident (stumbleupon). I’ve book-marked it for later!

6. Hello mates, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say regarding this article, in my view its truly
    remarkable designed for me.

7. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your
    site. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please send me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!

8. Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this weblog; this web site includes awesome and in fact fine material
    in favor of visitors.

9. An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been doing a little research on this.
    And he in fact ordered me lunch because I stumbled
    upon it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this issue here on your
    site.

10. Hi, yes this piece of writing is in fact nice and I have learned lot of things from
    it concerning blogging. thanks.

11. Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your blog.
    You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely
    love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please blast me an email if interested. Thanks!

12. Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers?
    I’d certainly appreciate it.

13. After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments
    are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is
    added I receive 4 emails with the same comment. Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service?
    Thanks a lot!

14. Wow! Finally I got a website from where I be able to in fact get valuable information regarding my study and knowledge.

15. GenBrain Read regularly and often. This helps improve your problem solving skills and memory retention. What you read depends on what your interests are. A favorite of many readers are self-help books, which stimulate the Brain Booster and let you figure out the solutions.
    https://www.wellnessketoz.com/genbrain-reviews/

16. Fantastic Stuff, still I would have to declare that given the abundance of views this has had it will be worth meditating about trying to develop the spelling and the english! Produced a pretty good read though, skillful stuff.

17. PG certification process is viewed as one of the hardest request structures. Regardless, for legitimate up-and-comers we have made it remarkably direct

18. Im not able to enjoy this site properly on flock I think there is a problem.

19. best guidance for mbbs.

20. Resources these as the one you mentioned here will be incredibly useful to myself! I will publish a hyperlink to this page on my individual blog. I am positive my site guests will discover that very useful.

21. Wow, this is a cool article and great look and feel as well.

22. Being creative is one word a large number of people are made aware of but are not able to fully grasp. Being creative is related to inspiration, fascination, innovation, unique, inventiveness, ingenuity, resourcefulness and so forth. Sad to say, many individuals will want to copy from some one than be creative.