electionline.jpg

[Image via Mindy Moretti]

We are now just two days away from the return of an old friend in the election geek world.

Starting Thursday, electionline.org will be back with its signature brand of nonpartisan news and commentary on developments in the election administration field. Thanks to the support of the Hewlett Foundation and the Democracy Fund – through a grant to the next-generation geeks at TurboVote – the site will be back, redesigned and ready for whatever happens (and you know it’ll be a lot) in the run-up to the 2014 elections.

Congratulations to my friend and colleague Mindy Moretti for her dogged persistence in finding a new home for electionline – and especially to the good folks at Hewlett and Democracy Fund for the money to make it happen.

While I won’t have a formal role in the operations of the site, you can bet I’ll pop up on there from time to time – but I can assure you it’s in excellent hands with Mindy, who has basically been piloting the site solo since July 2011.

You can help with the re-launch of the site by contributing to the first newsletter of the new “era”. From Mindy:

In honor of our auspicious return and based on the proximity to Valentine’s Day, I thought the first newsletter back should be about why those who work in/around elections love what they do!

Please drop us a line about your love for elections by EOD (the end of your day) on Wednesday, February 12. It’s not Twitter, so your answers can be more than 140 characters, but please try to keep them to less than 140 words!

So dust off those bookmarks and pen those Valentines, election geeks – an old friend is coming back soon!