It Helps if You Close Your Eyes: UChicago IOP Video on “Professionalization of Election Administration”

Chapin.IOP.screenshot.jpg

Noon Eastern – UPDATED LINKS SINCE I SEEM TO HAVE BROKEN DROPBOX

[Screenshot image courtesy of IOP]

Yesterday, the University of Chicago’s Harris School of Public Policy held a symposium Entitled “Blueprint to Implementation: Election Administration Reform for 2014, 2016 and Beyond“. The day was absolutely jam-packed with speakers and content at the very cutting edge of the effort to bring the recommendations of the Presidential Commission on Election Administration to life as soon as possible.

I was invited to attend but was otherwise (happily!) engaged, so the good people at UChicago’s Institute of Politics were kind enough to take a trip to Minneapolis and talk for a while about the future of the field and the Election Academy’s interest in helping to build a national profession of election administration. The end result was a short video which is as good a summary of my work at the Election Academy as I’ve ever seen.

So, if you can handle three minutes of the above image, click here to see the video. [If not, click the link and close your eyes.]

Thanks especially to IOP Director Amin Cyntje and videographer Raymond Whitehouse for taking the time to visit Humphrey and shoot this short video – and my congratulations to the Harris School for spreading the word about the important work of the PCEA and lending their efforts to help making election administration reform happen!

Be the first to comment on "It Helps if You Close Your Eyes: UChicago IOP Video on “Professionalization of Election Administration”"